Watch Leo Grow

Welcome friends and family! I've created this blog so that you can all watch our Little Man grow. The honest truth is that I'm quite crap at e-mailing, so in this way, it's up to you to come visit our virtual home. I, of course, will try to keep it updated with the latest news and pics of Leo.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Belfast Break - the journey

This last weekend, Bronson, Leo and I went to Belfast (Northern Ireland) for a long weekend.

Bronson was there on business, but as his Grandparents live there, we decided to combine it with a family visit.

On Friday, we drove to Gatwick Airport and took a Easy Jet (Sleazy Jet??) to Belfast International. It was quite tricky deciding on how to get to the airport. At first we thought about taking a train, but with Leo in a buggy and two cases, this wouldn’t work…crossing from one platform to another via staircases in rush hour…’Just say No’. So I came up with the cunning plan of leaving the car at Gatwick, which is cheaper and easier then taking a train. Clever Mummy!!!

Gatwick was manic, with all the new security checks, it’s real slow going. Luckily we played the baby card and jumped a few queues. Once in duty free, it was much better as Leo could walk around and explore. He made a bee-line for a car / bike display.









Bit worrying really, my brother is a keen motor cycling enthusiast / racer and I was really hoping this didn’t run in the genes…having seen my mother age considerably since taking up this hobby, but it looks as if it does (drat and blast!!!).




The flight went great, Leo was a good boy for the most part, he did insist on standing for most of the way, but luckily Daddy got to bare the brunt of his lap stomping. He had a sandwich and a drink and was really happy!

At Belfast, we made quick work of getting our hire car and inserting his baby seat, and on the trip into the city, Leo was caught by the sleep fairy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home