14 July 2006 – Mum’s window

Thought it may be fun to let you all know what exactly I can see from my window (here at the office). The most interesting building I can see from my window is The Battersea Power Station. Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott who also designed the Tate Power Station building (Now the Tate Modern Art Museum), Waterloo Bridge , Liverpool Cathedral and red telephone box. It was completed sometime in the 1930’s depending on what website you refer to. Pink Floyd fans may recognise it from the cover of their ‘Animals’ album. There are some plans in place to turn it into some posh housing / hotel / shopping centre. The four big white chimneys can be see from almost anywhere in London.
OK, enough tourism details from me….bring on the weekend…can’t wait to spend some time with Leo. He is being fetched early today from the minder (by Daddy) so I don’t need to do the wild goose chase home to make it by 6:30. Yippee. Have a great weekend and watch this space for weekend pics of Leo (and us).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home