Watch Leo Grow

Welcome friends and family! I've created this blog so that you can all watch our Little Man grow. The honest truth is that I'm quite crap at e-mailing, so in this way, it's up to you to come visit our virtual home. I, of course, will try to keep it updated with the latest news and pics of Leo.

Monday, June 19, 2006

19 June 2006 - The Beach

Well I meant to put up a bit more detail about our visit to the beach, but I was so exhausted, and decided bed was a much better option.

So anyway, here it is: We left home just after 8am to head for the beach. It's about an hour and a half's drive to Camber sands. By the time we got there, it was already starting to fill up. We ended up paying a huge wack for parking, but it was worth it as we had so much stuff (mainly for Leo) we wouldn't have managed lugging it any further then we did. Poor Bronson had to push Leo up this huge sand dune.

We bought Leo this little blow-up pool, Bronson then had to make several trips to the sea to fill a bucket with water for the pool, the tide was out, so it was a really long walk, with a sand dune to climb, as we had made camp on top of a dune.

By mid day the beach was packed...luckily it wasn't too hot, there was a nice breeze coming off the sea and a bit of light cloud cover. Bronson still managed to burn himself to a crisp...silly boy. Leo had his factor 40 on along with his sun hat, he also spent most of the time in the shade of the beach shelter thing. He even managed to have a rather long sleep in the beach shelter....so cute!!!


The drive back was quite busy, so we ended up stopping at a pub so that Leo could have his dinner. We found a really nice family pub with a garden, much better then sitting in the traffic.

I think we all had a really great day, though I don't think Bronson was expecting to do that much work on Fathers Day!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home