We are back
Well, it’s been a while, but we are back, reporting on Leo and his antics.
A quick update, Leo is now 2 years and (almost) 11 months. He is still going to Advantage Day Nursery and loving it, from what I can tell. In August, the school asked if they could move him to the preschool class in October, 2 months ahead of schedule. I agreed to this and in the beginning of October he moved up to Sunshine room and left the little ones of Ladybirds behind. He really loves the preschool class, so it’s all been good.
He has learnt lots of new skills, and his vocabulary has really come along now. For example his counting is improving and he recognises and knows more colours and shapes.
He has not quite mastered potty training yet, at the moment every second word out his mouth is ‘NO’, so potty training has proved to be impossible as he just plain refuses to sit on it. I manage to get him to wee if I bribe him with chocolate but phoos are a no go area. I’ll leave him for a little while longer, but I’m really hoping to get him trained before the end of the year…
He has thrown away his dummy, which is great, he did this pretty easily and has not nagged for it at all. It has meant that bed times have become a bit of a battle ground as his dummy used to really calm him down and send him off to sleep, but hopefully he learns new falling-asleep strategies.
Speaking of sleep…or rather the lack there of….in preschool they don’t get a knap time anymore which means that he is usually a grumpy grouch most evenings. On weekends he doesn’t want to knap either but sometimes he just can’t make it…
These pictures below were taken on Saturday, Leo refused to have a lunch time sleep, but then passed out on the couch at 4pm, I tried waking him once but he wasn’t having it and slept there till 6pm. This of course pushed his bedtime way over it’s normal 8pm on weekends. But in a way it was a good thing as on Sunday mornings the clocks went back, and because Leo was so tired, he slept way later then normal…delicious!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home