Watch Leo Grow

Welcome friends and family! I've created this blog so that you can all watch our Little Man grow. The honest truth is that I'm quite crap at e-mailing, so in this way, it's up to you to come visit our virtual home. I, of course, will try to keep it updated with the latest news and pics of Leo.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Deanne's Baby shower

On Saturday I took Leo along to a friend of mines baby shower, Deanne is due early next year…I forget the exact date. Leo was the only little one there, so he had to entertain himself amongst all the girlies. He also went to great lengths to show Deanne exactly how un baby proof her house is.

It was a great get together, lots of yummy food and of course heaps of lovely presents.

As it turns out, most of the girls there had no children, so we had a good laugh when people had to ask what exactly they themselves had bought. It reminded me of how clueless I was before I had Leo. I had to laugh, when Deanne opened a present containing a gorgeous baby grow. Everyone ooohed and aaaed until I pointed out that it was so small, it would only fit this poor baby if he/she was born in the next two weeks. On closer inspection, Deanne discovered it was for a prem baby, up to 5lb. Oh dear…

Leo entertained himself by testing everything on the food table, I was horrified when some girl gave him Pringles. The poor kid had the equivalent amount of salt/preservatives/nasty E numbers in that one mouthful as what he has had in his entire life…but hey, you can’t keep them from that yummy stuff forever. I just dread the day he asks for a McDonalds Happy Meal!!!


He also loved climbing the staircase, though he did have a problem coming back down. Lucky for him, I was right behind him because his solution to getting down the stairs was to simply launch himself.

All the bits of wrapping paper were also a big treat. As well as examining all the opened presents. From the look of things, he approved of all the gift. Just as well…Now he can sit back and wait for the arrival of the new little one….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home