Success
Yes, success it was. All went well with the first bike ride. Mainly due to excellent planning by team ‘Mom & Dad’. This is how it went:We got everything ready, bag packed and on Bronson’s back, bicycles ready, water bottles in cages, helmets on (ours of course not Leo’s, he made several attempts to remove mine), then we put Leo on the back of the bike, his fleece on and legs strapped in. I got on my bike, foot on pedal ready to go. Then at the very last minute, Bronson put the helmet on.
Once on, I sped off at high speed before it could be tugged at, once moving all was well. He was very happy on the back of the bike, at first he held on to either side of the chair, but after a while he got quite comfortable and started letting go of the chair. I know this because I felt a little hand tickling my backside. He also came up with a new method of holding on, this involved handing on to the back of the t-shirt in manor of ‘Horse with reins’. Very funny I’m sure.
Leo was as happy as a pig in pooh. Unfortunately no pics of us in transit but here are some of Leo at the Duathlon, playing with the back wheel of Bronson’s bike, and drinking water from our water bottle. Please note he has his own water bottle neatly tucked under the back wheel of B’s bike, our water bottle was far more interesting!!!On the trip home, he was quite happy to have the helmet on, so slowly-slowly- catch-the-monkey. In fact we were nearly home when I felt his helmet hit me in the back a few times, I got B to check on him. Only to discover that he was nodding off. So there you go….

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home