Holiday Update - Part 1
Well, the holiday’s started with the arrival of Leo’s Nan from SA…she arrived like one of the three kings… bearing gifts from afar!!! Leo’s favourite was a black plastic motorbike. All South African toddlers have had one of these, I remember my brother going through several, Reg and his buddy Ryan would hurtle down our driveway perched on top of these bikes. I’m sure they wouldn’t pass a single English health and safety toy inspection, but what-the-heck if it didn’t kill my brother, I’m sure my son will survive it….
We then travelled up to Wales for a week long holiday, nothing like a cold, picturesque setting for Xmas. We rented a cottage in Betws-y-coed in North Wales, a really beautiful part of the UK.
Now, Wales can be a very trick place to visit, all the place names are very…well…Welsh which makes navigating a real nightmare, this was our third trip to Wales, and in time, your grip on the Welsh language does improve…Thank heavens… For my South African friends, for a laugh, try pronouncing the following town names… Llanrwst, Llanystumdwy, Pwlheli, Gwydyr Forest…I find it quite tricky as the Welsh seem to have an aversion for vowels…you end up spelling everything, much easier then trying to say them.
Xmas day was the usual fare, pressies in the morning followed by a walk in and around the village and then home to prepare a yummy lunch.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home